Medical Micro-Needling with Exceed®
Microneedling with Hyaluronic Acid
Microneedling with PRP
Want to improve your
skin tone and texture while stimulating collagen & elastin production?
Used to address:
Uneven skin texture
Fine lines and wrinkles
Acne and surgical scars
Early signs of aging
What is medical micro-needling?
Micro-needling, also known as percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), is a non-surgical treatment that uses very fine, short, sterile needles to create tiny punctures in your skin, prompting a natural, collagen-stimulating healing process that corrects flaws and improves skin quality. This minimally invasive facial treatment is clinically proven to deliver an improvement over time for several different dermatologic conditions, including facial wrinkles and facial acne scars.
The Exceed™ medical micro-needling device delivers the latest treatment to repair and restore aging skin, naturally.
Clinically proven to dramatically improve facial acne scars and facial wrinkles, the Exceed™ treatment produces excellent results after just 12 weeks.
Reveal your flawless skin. For those looking for a smooth complexion, micro-needling is a minimally invasive skin perfecting procedure. The skin is naturally stimulated to:
Create new collagen
Reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles
Treat facial acne scars
Low risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Clinically Proven Results for Skin Smoothing Effects!
A vampire facial can be useful for those who have scars, wrinkles or sun damage. By reintroducing PRP back into the skin, cell turnover is encouraged, which leads to an increase of collagen and elastin production.
Both PRP and microneedling stimulate collagen growth, and are complementary when done together.
Why Ithaca Medical Aesthetic choose the Exceed™ Microneedling device over the SkinPen.
The Candela Exceed is the first dual-indicated, FDA-cleared medical microneedling system for the treatment of both facial wrinkles and facial acne scar reduction.
Quiet operation for a comfortable patient experience.
This cosmetic procedure helps with signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, and more!
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is concentrated blood plasma which contains approximately five times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. In addition, it contains platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF) and other bioactive proteins that aid in wound healing.
With PRP, the Cellular tissue regeneration is dramatically accelerated, which makes this a very successful skin rejuvenation treatment. The platelet rich plasma is often called ‘”liquid gold” or referred to as the “Vampire Face Rejuvenation” since PRP is obtained from a patient’s own blood.
Microneedling with Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a sugar that binds and absorbs water, giving fullness and plumpness to the skin. Hyaluronic Acid is produced naturally; however, production is decreased as we age. As natural production reduces, it causes a natural degenerative effect that reduces structure and volume from our face. Adding Hyaluronic Acid during your Microneedling treatment, allows the HA to penetrate even deeper through the channels created through the Microneedling process.
1. What is Restylane®?Restylane®, is a FDA approved Hyaluronic Acid filler. Restylane® are not a single treatment but is a family of HA injectable cosmetic treatments. These are soft, transparent gel fillers, similar to Juvederm®. Like that filler, all are made with hyaluronic acid as their active ingredient. The moisture-loving molecule is important for adding volume and keeping skin hydrated. Your body creates hyaluronic acid naturally to keep skin supple—among other vital functions in the body—but specialized cells in the skin make less of it as you age. When injected below the skin’s surface during a “lunchtime” procedure, Restylane® fillers blend in well and give the treated area a fuller and firmer appearance. The various fillers in the RESTYLANE® family have specific roles: RESTYLANE® LYFT Lyft is indicated for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Lyft can also add volume to the cheeks, which creates more youthful contours. This serves to keep facial tissues elevated so they don’t sag and form jowls lower, along the jawline. Lyft also approved for injection into the back of the hands to correct volume loss, where volume loss reveals tendons and veins. RESTYLANE® SILK Silk is intended for small, subtle boosts. The formula is suited for giving lips more volume and definition, as well as reducing the look of lip lines. RESTYLANE® REFYNE Refyne fills is for the treatment of wrinkles and thin lines in the face, such as upper lip lines, lips, and nasolabial folds ( smile lines) that form to the right and left of the mouth, extending up to the sides of the nose. RESTYLANE® DEFYNE Similar to Refyne, Defyne is for facial creases, like nasolabial and marionette lines, on the lower portion of the face, but its formula is more appropriate for deeper, more dramatic creases. Restylane® Defyne is also indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile in patients with mild to moderate chin retrusion. RESTYLANE® KYSSE KYSSE lip is indicated for lip augmentation and for correction of upper perioral wrinkles.
2. What is Restylane Experience®? How long do the results last?Ensuring that Restylane® is the appropriate treatment for you is key to every treatment session. The medical providers at Ithaca Medical Aesthetics will conduct a medical history, as well as examine your face for signs of aging, before making any injections. The specifics of each Restylane® session will depend on the area or areas targeted for dermal filler, and will be tailor to match you treatment goals to create natural-looking results. Facial wrinkles and folds, like Nasolabial folds and marionette lines, up to 12 months with Restylane® Refyne and Restylane Defyne; and up to a 6 months Restylane® Lyft Cheeks - up to a year with Restylane® Lyft Lips; flexible movement and natural-looking volume proven to last for up to 1 year with Restylane® Kysse Backs of Hands up to 6 months with Restylane® Lyft The added volume will have a noticeable effect as soon as it is injected with an ultra-fine needle, though you will have to wait for some slight bruising and swelling to resolve in order to see the final result. A Restylane® treatment is generally quick and simple. Patients don’t experience much discomfort, and they can go home and resume their normal activities right away without any lengthy recovery time. Caring for your skin with a good skincare routine that includes keeping skin moisturized and protecting it from sun exposure can help to prolong the results of Restylane®. As the results are long lasting but temporary, you’ll eventually need to have more injections to maintain the desired effects.
3. How do you prepare for Restylane® injections? There isn’t much preparation needed before having injections of dermal fillers like Restylane®, but we generally recommends avoiding medications and supplements that increase the risk of bruising a couple of weeks before your appointment. This includes most blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medications along with fish oil supplements. Consult with a primary care physician before making any changes to taking prescription or other medications. If you have an upcoming social event to attend, it’s better not to schedule your Restylane® injections right before it, just to be sure you have a buffer that allows any side effects to resolve.
4. Does Restylane® have side effects?Restylane® is a safe treatment approved by the FDA. Your medical provider at Ithaca Medical Aesthetics will discuss possible side effects with you during your consultation. As with any injectable treatment, there is a chance of bruising and bleeding. Patients may also experience swelling, itching, or discomfort at the site where they were injected—and allergies and infections can occur in rare cases. Side effects that do develop tend to be mild and resolve in just a few days.
5. What other treatments compliment Restylane®? Neuromodulators like BOTOX®, Xeomin®, & Dysport® - don’t add volume, but instead calm muscles that fold skin into wrinkles when they contract. PDO Threads - FDA-approved anti-aging treatment that lifts and tightens your skin without the need for an invasive medical procedure. They help to produce the production of new collagen in the skin which enhances the skin's elasticity as well as improving the appearance of folds and wrinkles around the skin and neck. Chemical Peels and Microneedling -Restylane® adds volume and lift, but it can’t correct pigmentation and similar issues. If you’re concerned about hyperpigmentation, dull skin, sun damage, or other irregularities, you can try skin-resurfacing techniques like chemical peels and microneedling with collagen induction therapy, designed to even out the tone and texture of your skin.