Lip Injections: Dermal Fillers for Fuller Lips
Softer, Fuller, Natural-Looking Lips
Why consider Lip Fillers?
Lips are one of the most defining features of facial attractiveness.
Are your lips too thin when compared to the rest of your features?
Can you see your gums when you’re smiling?
Have your once full lips become thinner with age?
Are your lips uneven?
You would like a Cupid's Bow?
Lip augmentation and contouring can be a two-step process:
1. Lip Contouring: Creating lip definition, restoring the natural contour, reversing the signs of aging, and hydrating the lip margins
2. Lip Augmentation: Creating fuller lips, volume augmentation to any area of deficit, and “sexifying” the natural features present.
Therefore, not every patient will have the same exact treatment when it comes to Lip augmentation and contouring. Some patients will want more of a natural anatomy restoration, while others may want a bold change. The first step in Lip augmentation and contouring is a consultation and evaluation. The next step of Lip Augmentation and Contouring involves deciding on the goals and choice of various Botox® or dermal fillers to create the desired results.
You may notice results shortly after getting facial fillers, although mild swelling, bruising and redness are common side effects directly after your appointment, which can hide your final result. It can take up to two weeks for your final outcome to develop, so we recommend scheduling your appointment at least this far in advance of an important event.
Lip fillers generally last around 6 months, for others it may last longer. Fillers are not permanent, so touch-up treatments will be required to maintain your results.
Same day appointments available
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation Today
1. What is Restylane®?Restylane®, is a FDA approved Hyaluronic Acid filler. Restylane® are not a single treatment but is a family of HA injectable cosmetic treatments. These are soft, transparent gel fillers, similar to Juvederm®. Like that filler, all are made with hyaluronic acid as their active ingredient. The moisture-loving molecule is important for adding volume and keeping skin hydrated. Your body creates hyaluronic acid naturally to keep skin supple—among other vital functions in the body—but specialized cells in the skin make less of it as you age. When injected below the skin’s surface during a “lunchtime” procedure, Restylane® fillers blend in well and give the treated area a fuller and firmer appearance. The various fillers in the RESTYLANE® family have specific roles: RESTYLANE® LYFT Lyft is indicated for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Lyft can also add volume to the cheeks, which creates more youthful contours. This serves to keep facial tissues elevated so they don’t sag and form jowls lower, along the jawline. Lyft also approved for injection into the back of the hands to correct volume loss, where volume loss reveals tendons and veins. RESTYLANE® SILK Silk is intended for small, subtle boosts. The formula is suited for giving lips more volume and definition, as well as reducing the look of lip lines. RESTYLANE® REFYNE Refyne fills is for the treatment of wrinkles and thin lines in the face, such as upper lip lines, lips, and nasolabial folds ( smile lines) that form to the right and left of the mouth, extending up to the sides of the nose. RESTYLANE® DEFYNE Similar to Refyne, Defyne is for facial creases, like nasolabial and marionette lines, on the lower portion of the face, but its formula is more appropriate for deeper, more dramatic creases. Restylane® Defyne is also indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile in patients with mild to moderate chin retrusion. RESTYLANE® KYSSE KYSSE lip is indicated for lip augmentation and for correction of upper perioral wrinkles.
2. What is Restylane Experience®? How long do the results last?Ensuring that Restylane® is the appropriate treatment for you is key to every treatment session. The medical providers at Ithaca Medical Aesthetics will conduct a medical history, as well as examine your face for signs of aging, before making any injections. The specifics of each Restylane® session will depend on the area or areas targeted for dermal filler, and will be tailor to match you treatment goals to create natural-looking results. Facial wrinkles and folds, like Nasolabial folds and marionette lines, up to 12 months with Restylane® Refyne and Restylane Defyne; and up to a 6 months Restylane® Lyft Cheeks - up to a year with Restylane® Lyft Lips; flexible movement and natural-looking volume proven to last for up to 1 year with Restylane® Kysse Backs of Hands up to 6 months with Restylane® Lyft The added volume will have a noticeable effect as soon as it is injected with an ultra-fine needle, though you will have to wait for some slight bruising and swelling to resolve in order to see the final result. A Restylane® treatment is generally quick and simple. Patients don’t experience much discomfort, and they can go home and resume their normal activities right away without any lengthy recovery time. Caring for your skin with a good skincare routine that includes keeping skin moisturized and protecting it from sun exposure can help to prolong the results of Restylane®. As the results are long lasting but temporary, you’ll eventually need to have more injections to maintain the desired effects.
3. How do you prepare for Restylane® injections? There isn’t much preparation needed before having injections of dermal fillers like Restylane®, but we generally recommends avoiding medications and supplements that increase the risk of bruising a couple of weeks before your appointment. This includes most blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medications along with fish oil supplements. Consult with a primary care physician before making any changes to taking prescription or other medications. If you have an upcoming social event to attend, it’s better not to schedule your Restylane® injections right before it, just to be sure you have a buffer that allows any side effects to resolve.
4. Does Restylane® have side effects?Restylane® is a safe treatment approved by the FDA. Your medical provider at Ithaca Medical Aesthetics will discuss possible side effects with you during your consultation. As with any injectable treatment, there is a chance of bruising and bleeding. Patients may also experience swelling, itching, or discomfort at the site where they were injected—and allergies and infections can occur in rare cases. Side effects that do develop tend to be mild and resolve in just a few days.
5. What other treatments compliment Restylane®? Neuromodulators like BOTOX®, Xeomin®, & Dysport® - don’t add volume, but instead calm muscles that fold skin into wrinkles when they contract. PDO Threads - FDA-approved anti-aging treatment that lifts and tightens your skin without the need for an invasive medical procedure. They help to produce the production of new collagen in the skin which enhances the skin's elasticity as well as improving the appearance of folds and wrinkles around the skin and neck. Chemical Peels and Microneedling -Restylane® adds volume and lift, but it can’t correct pigmentation and similar issues. If you’re concerned about hyperpigmentation, dull skin, sun damage, or other irregularities, you can try skin-resurfacing techniques like chemical peels and microneedling with collagen induction therapy, designed to even out the tone and texture of your skin.