Instant results, quick treatment, and little to no downtime!
Which conditions can you treat?
Aging skin tends to lose volume because of a gradual loss of collagen, fat, and more. In addition, it no longer holds onto as much moisture as it did in youth, nor does it create as much elastin to keep it resilient and springy. This is why many patients notice sagging and folds of skin around the middle and lower part of the face, thinner cheeks, and less defined facial contours as they get older.
Why We Love Soft Tissue Fillers
Soft tissue fillers are administered with a short in-office procedure. Hyaluronic acid injectables (HA) are quick, easy, and virtually pain-free (most are even lidocaine-enhanced). Patients can get almost instant results with little to no downtime. HA is a naturally-occurring substance found within the body making it safe and effective for all skin types and tones. HA fillers are also very versatile in that they can be dissolved with a simple subsequent injection. This is a relief to patients who may be reluctant to try dermal fillers for the first time. so there is no worry.
You may notice results shortly after getting facial fillers, although mild swelling, bruising and redness are common side effects directly after your appointment, which can hide your final result. It can take up to two weeks for your final outcome to develop, so we recommend scheduling your appointment at least this far in advance of an important event.
Facial fillers generally last anywhere from 6 to 24 months, depending on the type and brand of filler used. Fillers are not permanent, so touch-up treatments will be required to maintain your results.
How much filler would I need?
Aging By The Decade
Did you know that you need 1 syringe of filler per decade to manage facial aging? For example:
40 year old man or woman would need 4 syringes
50 year old man or woman would need 5 syringes
60 year old man or woman would need 6 syringes
1. What is Restylane®?Restylane®, is a FDA approved Hyaluronic Acid filler. Restylane® are not a single treatment but is a family of HA injectable cosmetic treatments. These are soft, transparent gel fillers, similar to Juvederm®. Like that filler, all are made with hyaluronic acid as their active ingredient. The moisture-loving molecule is important for adding volume and keeping skin hydrated. Your body creates hyaluronic acid naturally to keep skin supple—among other vital functions in the body—but specialized cells in the skin make less of it as you age. When injected below the skin’s surface during a “lunchtime” procedure, Restylane® fillers blend in well and give the treated area a fuller and firmer appearance. The various fillers in the RESTYLANE® family have specific roles: RESTYLANE® LYFT Lyft is indicated for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Lyft can also add volume to the cheeks, which creates more youthful contours. This serves to keep facial tissues elevated so they don’t sag and form jowls lower, along the jawline. Lyft also approved for injection into the back of the hands to correct volume loss, where volume loss reveals tendons and veins. RESTYLANE® SILK Silk is intended for small, subtle boosts. The formula is suited for giving lips more volume and definition, as well as reducing the look of lip lines. RESTYLANE® REFYNE Refyne fills is for the treatment of wrinkles and thin lines in the face, such as upper lip lines, lips, and nasolabial folds ( smile lines) that form to the right and left of the mouth, extending up to the sides of the nose. RESTYLANE® DEFYNE Similar to Refyne, Defyne is for facial creases, like nasolabial and marionette lines, on the lower portion of the face, but its formula is more appropriate for deeper, more dramatic creases. Restylane® Defyne is also indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile in patients with mild to moderate chin retrusion. RESTYLANE® KYSSE KYSSE lip is indicated for lip augmentation and for correction of upper perioral wrinkles.
2. What is Restylane Experience®? How long do the results last?Ensuring that Restylane® is the appropriate treatment for you is key to every treatment session. The medical providers at Ithaca Medical Aesthetics will conduct a medical history, as well as examine your face for signs of aging, before making any injections. The specifics of each Restylane® session will depend on the area or areas targeted for dermal filler, and will be tailor to match you treatment goals to create natural-looking results. Facial wrinkles and folds, like Nasolabial folds and marionette lines, up to 12 months with Restylane® Refyne and Restylane Defyne; and up to a 6 months Restylane® Lyft Cheeks - up to a year with Restylane® Lyft Lips; flexible movement and natural-looking volume proven to last for up to 1 year with Restylane® Kysse Backs of Hands up to 6 months with Restylane® Lyft The added volume will have a noticeable effect as soon as it is injected with an ultra-fine needle, though you will have to wait for some slight bruising and swelling to resolve in order to see the final result. A Restylane® treatment is generally quick and simple. Patients don’t experience much discomfort, and they can go home and resume their normal activities right away without any lengthy recovery time. Caring for your skin with a good skincare routine that includes keeping skin moisturized and protecting it from sun exposure can help to prolong the results of Restylane®. As the results are long lasting but temporary, you’ll eventually need to have more injections to maintain the desired effects.
3. How do you prepare for Restylane® injections? There isn’t much preparation needed before having injections of dermal fillers like Restylane®, but we generally recommends avoiding medications and supplements that increase the risk of bruising a couple of weeks before your appointment. This includes most blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medications along with fish oil supplements. Consult with a primary care physician before making any changes to taking prescription or other medications. If you have an upcoming social event to attend, it’s better not to schedule your Restylane® injections right before it, just to be sure you have a buffer that allows any side effects to resolve.
4. Does Restylane® have side effects?Restylane® is a safe treatment approved by the FDA. Your medical provider at Ithaca Medical Aesthetics will discuss possible side effects with you during your consultation. As with any injectable treatment, there is a chance of bruising and bleeding. Patients may also experience swelling, itching, or discomfort at the site where they were injected—and allergies and infections can occur in rare cases. Side effects that do develop tend to be mild and resolve in just a few days.
5. What other treatments compliment Restylane®? Neuromodulators like BOTOX®, Xeomin®, & Dysport® - don’t add volume, but instead calm muscles that fold skin into wrinkles when they contract. PDO Threads - FDA-approved anti-aging treatment that lifts and tightens your skin without the need for an invasive medical procedure. They help to produce the production of new collagen in the skin which enhances the skin's elasticity as well as improving the appearance of folds and wrinkles around the skin and neck. Chemical Peels and Microneedling -Restylane® adds volume and lift, but it can’t correct pigmentation and similar issues. If you’re concerned about hyperpigmentation, dull skin, sun damage, or other irregularities, you can try skin-resurfacing techniques like chemical peels and microneedling with collagen induction therapy, designed to even out the tone and texture of your skin.