PRP For Hair Restoration
Thinning hair got you down?
A safe, new, natural treatment for hair loss.
Clinical studies show it is a extremely fast and effective treatment for hormonal hair loss (androgenic alopecia) in both men and women. Benefits:
A non-invasive method ... with no surgery
Nearly painless treatment
Additive and chemical-free natural blood components are used
No allergic reactions or side effects
HAIR REGROWTH USING YOUR OWN HEALING SERUM!
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy for men’s and women’s hair loss is becoming more and more common and is proving to be effective in correcting hair loss when done correctly.
Even though PRP therapy has been around since the 1980’s, doctors only started using it recently as a treatment for certain types of alopecia. Many user experiences have noted good results and the popularity of the procedure is growing rapidly.
PRP for hair loss is a non-surgical procedure that utilizes the stem cells and growth factors from the patient’s own blood to trigger the growth of hair from resting or miniaturized hair follicles.
PRP Hair Restoration is an effective way to improve your hair density without surgery or harmful side effects. The procedure involves a simple injection of your own platelets into the vascular layer of your scalp.
These are the results that may be expected:
Increased blood supply to the hair follicle
Increased hair shaft size (thickness)
Triggered and maintained hair growth phase
Controlled hair growth cycle
Decreased hair loss
* Individual results may vary
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING MICRO-NEEDLING WITH A PRP SESSION?
On the day of the procedure, you medical practitioner will apply a local anesthetic agent after which a small blood sample is taken in our office and centrifuged. The prepared PRP growth factor is injected into the scalp using a syringe to help the biologically active materials to penetrate into the scalp at the level of the hair follicle.
The PRP is injected in a painless fashion into the scalp where there is hair loss. During the treatment, we ensure there is minimal discomfort or pain. While some minor irritation and redness are common after the therapy, these can easily be managed with medications.
The entire procedure can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to complete and you can usually get back to your activities after the treatment.
There is no downtime to this procedure. The side effects are not common but could include infection or bruising.
What is the treatment schedule like?
PRP therapy for hair loss is initially performed as a series of three treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart.
After completing the initial series, maintenance is recommended with one treatment every 6-12 months.
HOW SOON ARE THE RESULTS VISIBLE?
Results from PRP therapy vary and are typically seen within six months of the first treatment, although most clients begin to notice results at three months. The best outcomes are seen on patients who have hair thinning, but not completely bald spots on their head.
Standardized photos will be taken before each PRP Hair Restoration treatment so that improvement can be tracked. Looking over PRP hair restoration before and after photos is the best way to see how your results may look. It is important to understand that results will vary and there is never a guarantee of success.
A multi-therapy regimen for optimal results may also include topical and oral medications as well as nutritional supplements.
After the treatment phase, the average hereditary hair loss patient can expect a PRP treatment once every 6-12 months to maintain results.Most patients will require this treatment every month for three months and then possibly again in 6 months or a year.
How Long Treatment Results Last?
Recognizing and treating your hair loss cause is a crucial piece in maintaining your results from PRP restoration treatments. If the cause of your hair loss is not diagnosed and corrected, you will continue to experience localized hair loss in certain areas of your scalp. Androgenetic alopecia and other types of hair loss cannot be cured with PRP and only treated.
If your hair loss was caused by stress or taking certain medications, follow up treatments once or twice a year are recommended to maintain your results.
While PRP therapy for hair growth is still in its infancy from a medical research standpoint, evidence suggests that treatment results can last for years if hair loss’s initial cause is addressed.
1. What is Restylane®?Restylane®, is a FDA approved Hyaluronic Acid filler. Restylane® are not a single treatment but is a family of HA injectable cosmetic treatments. These are soft, transparent gel fillers, similar to Juvederm®. Like that filler, all are made with hyaluronic acid as their active ingredient. The moisture-loving molecule is important for adding volume and keeping skin hydrated. Your body creates hyaluronic acid naturally to keep skin supple—among other vital functions in the body—but specialized cells in the skin make less of it as you age. When injected below the skin’s surface during a “lunchtime” procedure, Restylane® fillers blend in well and give the treated area a fuller and firmer appearance. The various fillers in the RESTYLANE® family have specific roles: RESTYLANE® LYFT Lyft is indicated for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Lyft can also add volume to the cheeks, which creates more youthful contours. This serves to keep facial tissues elevated so they don’t sag and form jowls lower, along the jawline. Lyft also approved for injection into the back of the hands to correct volume loss, where volume loss reveals tendons and veins. RESTYLANE® SILK Silk is intended for small, subtle boosts. The formula is suited for giving lips more volume and definition, as well as reducing the look of lip lines. RESTYLANE® REFYNE Refyne fills is for the treatment of wrinkles and thin lines in the face, such as upper lip lines, lips, and nasolabial folds ( smile lines) that form to the right and left of the mouth, extending up to the sides of the nose. RESTYLANE® DEFYNE Similar to Refyne, Defyne is for facial creases, like nasolabial and marionette lines, on the lower portion of the face, but its formula is more appropriate for deeper, more dramatic creases. Restylane® Defyne is also indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile in patients with mild to moderate chin retrusion. RESTYLANE® KYSSE KYSSE lip is indicated for lip augmentation and for correction of upper perioral wrinkles.
2. What is Restylane Experience®? How long do the results last?Ensuring that Restylane® is the appropriate treatment for you is key to every treatment session. The medical providers at Ithaca Medical Aesthetics will conduct a medical history, as well as examine your face for signs of aging, before making any injections. The specifics of each Restylane® session will depend on the area or areas targeted for dermal filler, and will be tailor to match you treatment goals to create natural-looking results. Facial wrinkles and folds, like Nasolabial folds and marionette lines, up to 12 months with Restylane® Refyne and Restylane Defyne; and up to a 6 months Restylane® Lyft Cheeks - up to a year with Restylane® Lyft Lips; flexible movement and natural-looking volume proven to last for up to 1 year with Restylane® Kysse Backs of Hands up to 6 months with Restylane® Lyft The added volume will have a noticeable effect as soon as it is injected with an ultra-fine needle, though you will have to wait for some slight bruising and swelling to resolve in order to see the final result. A Restylane® treatment is generally quick and simple. Patients don’t experience much discomfort, and they can go home and resume their normal activities right away without any lengthy recovery time. Caring for your skin with a good skincare routine that includes keeping skin moisturized and protecting it from sun exposure can help to prolong the results of Restylane®. As the results are long lasting but temporary, you’ll eventually need to have more injections to maintain the desired effects.
3. How do you prepare for Restylane® injections? There isn’t much preparation needed before having injections of dermal fillers like Restylane®, but we generally recommends avoiding medications and supplements that increase the risk of bruising a couple of weeks before your appointment. This includes most blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medications along with fish oil supplements. Consult with a primary care physician before making any changes to taking prescription or other medications. If you have an upcoming social event to attend, it’s better not to schedule your Restylane® injections right before it, just to be sure you have a buffer that allows any side effects to resolve.
4. Does Restylane® have side effects?Restylane® is a safe treatment approved by the FDA. Your medical provider at Ithaca Medical Aesthetics will discuss possible side effects with you during your consultation. As with any injectable treatment, there is a chance of bruising and bleeding. Patients may also experience swelling, itching, or discomfort at the site where they were injected—and allergies and infections can occur in rare cases. Side effects that do develop tend to be mild and resolve in just a few days.
5. What other treatments compliment Restylane®? Neuromodulators like BOTOX®, Xeomin®, & Dysport® - don’t add volume, but instead calm muscles that fold skin into wrinkles when they contract. PDO Threads - FDA-approved anti-aging treatment that lifts and tightens your skin without the need for an invasive medical procedure. They help to produce the production of new collagen in the skin which enhances the skin's elasticity as well as improving the appearance of folds and wrinkles around the skin and neck. Chemical Peels and Microneedling -Restylane® adds volume and lift, but it can’t correct pigmentation and similar issues. If you’re concerned about hyperpigmentation, dull skin, sun damage, or other irregularities, you can try skin-resurfacing techniques like chemical peels and microneedling with collagen induction therapy, designed to even out the tone and texture of your skin.